Below you will find links to books that you will find valuable for both educating yourself and others about the urgency of climate change and the case for divestment from fossil fuel securities. Please buy these books either as electronic copies or in used condition to save our forests, the original and free source of carbon sequestration. We would especially appreciate if you send us additional articles, books, and videos that you may have but that are not yet listed in our library. Please send your suggestions to contact@divestUH.org.
- Richard Heinberg, “Snake Oil: How Fracking’s False Promise of Plenty Imperils Our Future“
- Jeremy Leggett, “The Energy of Nations: Risk Blindness and the Road to Renaissance“
- Mike Berners-Lee and Duncan Clark, “The Burning Question: We Can’t Burn Half the World’s Oil, Coal and Gas. So How Do We Quit?“
- Michael Levi, “The Power Surge: Energy, Opportunity, and the Battle for America’s Future“
- Bill McKibben, “Oil and Honey: The Education of an Unlikely Activist“
- Timothy Mitchell, “Carbon Democracy: Political Power in the Age of Oil“
- Naomi Oreskes and Erik Conway, “Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming“